David G. Sanderson is a partner and director at Bain & Company. He joined the firm in 1989 and founded Bain Los Angeles in 1995. He is the global leader of Bain’s Media & Entertainment practice.
He has broad experience across the media and entertainment industry, including content businesses (film, TV, video games) and aggregation/distribution platforms (cable, satellite, Internet, home video, wireless, and print). He has also advised private equity investors focused on the media sector.
David has also worked across many technology and telecom segments. He has worked with clients to address issues ranging from corporate and BU strategy and operational improvement to M&A and organizational design.
David currently sits on the Boards of United Way of Greater Los Angeles and Ideaforest. Previously, he served as a member of UCLA’s Johnson Cancer Center Foundation Board and numerous start up boards.
He earned an MBA, with honors, from Stanford University, an MS in computer science from Syracuse University, and a BS in applied math and computer science from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- “Generation #Hashtag Ascendant: Think Native Digital First,” Brief, October 2015
- “The Rise of Generation #Hashtag,” Brief, November 2014
- “Generation #Hashtag: A New Wave of Content in the Age of Digital Natives,” Report, November 2014
- “Emerging Models in B2B Commerce,” Article, June 2000
- “Broadband Wireless—The Next Telecoms Gold Rush,” Article, September 1999