Francesco Cigala is a partner in Bain & Company's Kuala Lumpur office. He leads Bain's Performance Improvement practice in Southeast Asia and is an expert in the firm's Supply Chain Management, Energy & Natural Resources and Oil & Gas practices.
Francesco has more than 15 years of management consulting experience across a range of industries, including oil and gas, chemicals, automotive, consumer goods, manufacturing, airlines and private equity. He holds deep expertise in large-scale merger integrations, transformations, organizational restructuring, complexity management, capability building, manufacturing optimization, supply chain management and strategy.
Francesco has served leading companies in Asia, Europe and North America. He has also been a guest lecturer on Value Creation and Corporate Restructuring for the INSEAD MBA course in Singapore, as well as a keynote speaker on M&A strategies at the CEO & CIO Summit.
He holds an MBA from INSEAD and a Master of Science in industrial engineering from Politecnico di Milano.
- “How Refiners Can Capture the Benefits of the Energy Transition and Digitalization,” Brief, March 2019
- “How Digital Improves Management Systems in Oil and Gas,” Brief, August 2018
- “Southeast Asia’s Conglomerates Need to Work Harder,” The Edge Markets, March 2017, Article
- “Three Ways That Digital Technology Can Help Chemical Producers,” Forbes.com, February 2017, Article
- “Digital Opportunities for Chemical Producers,” Brief, August 2016