José de Sá is a Director at Bain & Company in the Rio de Janeiro office. He joined Bain in 2008 and has more than 20 years of experience in management consulting.
José has worked with top management of large national and multinational groups in several sectors such as oil & gas, petrochemicals, energy and consumer goods and with the public sector in the federal, state and municipal levels, and trade and development institutions, in the Americas, Europe and Africa.
Specifically in the O&G Downstream sector, José has led assignments in corporate and business unit strategy, strategic due diligence (criticize market focus, target feedstock and product mix, plant configuration and capex budget) of downstream projects, downstream integration (with lubes, petrochemicals and retail), optimization of S&OP processes, M&A strategy, divestment / shutdown strategy, organizational improvement, commercial excellence, operational excellence and logistics optimization.
He graduated in Chemical Engineering from Universidade Federal da Bahia (Brazil), and holds an MBA from Johnson School at Cornell University (USA). At Johnson School, José was a Teaching Assistant in Financial Strategy and founding member of the Latin American Business Association (LABA).
He lived for 5 years in the USA and for 2 years in Chile. He has dual Brazilian/ French citizenship, and is fluent in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
- “Investors urged to work directly with governments on ag policy,” Agri Investor, December 2017, Agribusiness
- “Conquering the Food Challenge through Agriculture 3.0,” Brief, November 2017
- “Full Potential Oil Reﬁning in a Challenging Environment,” Brief, September 2016
- “How Brazil Can Raise the Value of Its Chemical Industry,” Forbes.com, January 2016, Article
- “Developing a National Chemicals Strategy for Brazil,” Brief, October 2015