Laura Miles is a partner and director in Bain & Company's Atlanta office, where she serves as managing partner and office head. She leads Bain's Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Finance practices, which include corporate diligence and merger integration. She is also an expert in the firm's Consumer Products practice.
Laura has led merger integrations across a variety of industries including airlines, healthcare, consumer products and telecom. She also has multiple publications on the topic of M&A and expertise in consumer products and hospitality.
Laura earned an MBA from Darden at the University of Virginia where she received the William Michael Shermet Award for Academic Excellence and the Faculty Award for Academic Excellence. Laura is also a graduate of Duke University where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and psychology. She graduated summa cum laude and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- “Plotting a Path to Financial Excellence,” CFO.com, July 2017, Article
- “When the Finance Department Becomes a Company's Secret Weapon,” Brief, June 2017
- “The Changing Rules for Digital M&A,” Brief, February 2017
- “Some CEOs Survive Mergers as Acquirers Look to Retain Top Talent,” The Wall Street Journal, September 2016
- “Getting the Most Out of a Merger,” Forbes.com, March 2016, Article