Matt Sullivan is an expert partner in our Healthcare practice, based in San Francisco.
Matt has nearly 20 years of industry and consulting experience. In the healthcare sector he has advised large biopharmaceutical clients, biotechnology firms, regional payers, healthcare service companies and private investment funds. He holds deep expertise in corporate and brand strategy, organizational design, operating model and due diligence.
In the biopharmaceutical space, Matt has worked across a wide range of therapeutic areas, including oncology, cardiovascular, immunology and rare diseases, and has worked across functions including commercial, R&D and CMC. He has worked with biopharma clients on topics including corporate, brand and therapeutic area strategy, strategy implementation, geographic expansion, commercial innovation, R&D redesign, operating model, asset valuation and diligence. In addition, he has advised numerous private equity clients on biopharma products and services investments.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Matt was an Associate Specialist at the University of California, San Francisco, where he studied the molecular mechanisms that govern cell cycle control and mitosis. He was also a Postdoctoral Research fellow with Cancer Research UK, focused on the mechanisms that govern cell division with particular emphasis on sister chromatid cohesion.
Matt holds a PhD in Genetics from Imperial College London and a BA in Chemistry from University of Oxford.
- “Healthcare Private Equity in North America: Macro Trends Broaden Investment Opportunities ,” Report, March 2022
- “Biopharma: Traditional Pharma Services Lead the Way ,” Report, March 2022
- “Life Sciences Tools: Diagnostics Deals on the Rise ,” Report, March 2022
- “Healthcare Private Equity in North America: Bring On the Gem Assets,” Report, March 2021
- “Biopharma: Commercialization Support Services Are Thriving ,” Report, March 2021