Rudy Puryear is a partner and director in Bain & Company's Chicago office. He is a leader in Bain's global Information Technology practice.
Rudy has more than 30 years of experience in helping organizations realize their full potential and drive hard business results from their IT investments. Rudy has worked across a broad set of industries, with a particular focus in telecommunications, financial services, and manufacturing and distribution.
Rudy has significant experience helping his clients with core IT issues such as IT cost reduction, IT governance and organization, business alignment, strategic sourcing, complexity management and value realization.
Prior to joining Bain in 2002, Rudy was CEO of the publicly traded internet services firm Lante. He also held several senior partner positions at another global consulting firm, where he was the worldwide managing partner for e-commerce and the managing partner for IT strategy.
Rudy completed his undergraduate and graduate studies in computer science at North Carolina State University.
- “How to build the next-generation of IT leaders,” CIO, August 2018
- “8 Secrets of effective change leaders,” CIO, July 2018
- “6 expert budgeting tips for IT leaders,” CIO, March 2018
- “Is Your Technology Function Ready for a Digital World?,” Brief, November 2017
- “Overcoming Digital's Biggest Obstacle: Legacy IT,” Forbes.com, April 2017, Article