Torsten Lichtenau is a partner in Bain & Company's London office. He is an active contributor to the firm's Energy & Natural Resources, Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Digital and Results Delivery® practices.
Torsten has more than a decade of consulting experience working across a wide range of industries, with a particular focus on industrial companies.
Over the course of his career, Torsten has accumulated extensive experience in leading large scale transformations with a track record of delivering decisive and sustainable change for his industrial clients. He holds particular expertise in Results Delivery, Bain's differentiated approach to change management, and digital strategy.
Since joining Bain in 2004, Torsten has applied his management consulting experience globally, as he has been based in the firm's London, Dusseldorf and Johannesburg offices. He has advised leading companies in the United Kingdom, Western Europe, Russia, the United States and Africa.
Torsten holds a Diplom-Kaufmann degree (German MBA-equivalent) from the University of the Saarland and a PhD in business administration from the WHU Koblenz.
- “Thriving in a Shallower Profit Pool for Oil and Gas,” Brief, April 2018
- “Davos 2018: The Impact of Digital,” Video, January 2018
- “Davos 2018: Young Global Leaders,” Video, January 2018
- “Torsten Lichtenau: Stepping Stones to a Digital Transformation,” Video, December 2017
- “Three Questions to Spur Corporate Change Efforts,” Forbes.com, April 2016, Article