Chris Johnson is a partner based in Bain & Company's San Francisco office. He is an expert in the firm's Technology practice.
Chris primarily focuses on hardware. His professional emphases are in corporate strategy, portfolio management, adjacency expansion and mergers and acquisitions (M&A). Other core areas of expertise include virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR).
During his tenure at Bain, Chris has authored numerous studies detailing such topics as semiconductors, mobile handsets, tech industry consolidation and emerging markets strategy.
Chris holds a JD from Harvard Law School and a degree in economics from Yale University.
- “Technology’s Resilience and Cash Reserves Could Boost M&A Activity,” Snap Chart, junio 2020
- “Covid-19 Disruptions Highlight Risks of Tech’s Concentrated Supply Chain,” Snap Chart, junio 2020
- “Technology Budgets Hit Hard by Covid-19,” Snap Chart, mayo 2020
- “The New Realities of Tech M&A ,” Brief, diciembre 2019
- “Is Strategy Dead in Tech? The Winners Don’t Think So,” Brief, noviembre 2019