Chris Johnson is a partner based in Bain & Company's San Francisco office. He is an expert in the firm's Technology practice.
Chris primarily focuses on hardware. His professional emphases are in corporate strategy, portfolio management, adjacency expansion and mergers and acquisitions (M&A). Other core areas of expertise include virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR).
During his tenure at Bain, Chris has authored numerous studies detailing such topics as semiconductors, mobile handsets, tech industry consolidation and emerging markets strategy.
Chris holds a JD from Harvard Law School and a degree in economics from Yale University.
- “How to Play the Boom in Technology M&A,” Webinar, March 2021
- “IT Spending Expected to Rebound in 2021,” Snap Chart, January 2021
- “Why Tech Companies Must Quickly Evolve to Stay in the Game,” Infographic, January 2021
- “Disruption, Not Regulation, Should Be Tech Companies’ Top Concern,” HBR.org, December 2020, Article
- “Buying Boosts Building in Tech M&A,” Report, October 2020