- 10+ years of experience across Bain (EMEA, India, Southeast Asia and ANZ)
- Prior experience at two leading global Consumer Products companies
- CP-S&CR Interlock Champion across APAC
Zara Lightowler is an Associate Partner focusing on Consumer led industries, based in Kuala Lumpur. She is one of our global Consumer Products and Sustainabilty & Responsibility Interlock Champions, helping drive engagement at the intersection of the two practices.
Prior to Bain she has worked for two major global Consumer products companies across Supply chain, Marketing, Category management, Strategy and Sales.
Since joining us in 2011, Zara has led multiple Consumer led projects ranging from top-line and brand acceleration, post-merger integration, operating model, and growth platforms (new venture building, digital acceleration). She has been a member of our London, Mumbai and Southeast Asia offices and worked more broadly across western Europe and Australia/New Zealand.
As of 2022, she has been focusing also sustainability in consumer goods and has driven the review of Consumer attitudes to ESG in APAC, the largest Bain study on ESG in APAC (published in 2022).
Zara is passionate about helping teams grow and plays an internal role supporting our consultants and managers in our Kuala Lumpur office.
She holds a BA from the School of Geography and Environment at The University of Oxford.
In her personal time, Zara enjoys spending time with her family and friends, staying active and travelling.
- “Understanding Asia-Pacific Consumers' Embrace of Sustainability,” Webinar, 14 juillet 2022
- “Unpacking Asia-Pacific Consumers’ New Love Affair with Sustainability,” Rapport, 3 juin 2022
- “Meet Asia-Pacific’s Sustainable Consumers,” Infographic, 19 avril 2022