Andrew Tymms is a partner and director based in Bain & Company's Melbourne office.
He leads Bain's Private Equity practice across Asia-Pacific, which includes Greater China, India, Southeast Asia, Korea, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
He has more than 23 years’ experience with Bain across the UK, Europe, Africa and Australia, focused on supporting private equity and alternative investment firms across the investment value-chain.
His deep experience in all aspects of private equity and M&A include:
- Deal sourcing and screening
- Integrated (commercial and operational) due diligence
- Post-acquisition (growth and performance acceleration, developing and driving value creation plans (VCPs), post-merger integration (PMI)
- Exit planning and sell-side support
- PE and alternative investment firm strategy development
Andrew has led more than 300 commercial reviews, M&A and both post-acquisition and portfolio company projects for leading private equity investors and hedge funds.
He also holds significant industry experience in tech, media and telecom (TMT), financial services, business services, retail, healthcare and digital.
Andrew is an honors graduate of the University of Melbourne in electrical and electronic engineering.
- “`갈곳잃은 투자금` 3000조, 아시아로 향할것,” 매일경제, 2020년11월18일, 사모펀드
- “코로나 충격에도…국내 PEF 올해 투자 `선방`,” 매일경제, 2020년11월15일, 사모펀드
- “Private Equity’s New Business Services Challenge,” Brief, 2020년9월8일
- “Focus on Bain & Company ,” Classic Business, 2017년4월26일, 사모펀드
- “Measuring a Company's Digital Competence,” Brief, 2016년8월8일