Andrew Tymms is a partner and director based in Bain & Company's Melbourne office.
He leads Bain's Private Equity practice across Asia-Pacific, which includes Greater China, India, Southeast Asia, Korea, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
He has more than 23 years’ experience with Bain across the UK, Europe, Africa and Australia, focused on supporting private equity and alternative investment firms across the investment value-chain.
His deep experience in all aspects of private equity and M&A include:
- Deal sourcing and screening
- Integrated (commercial and operational) due diligence
- Post-acquisition (growth and performance acceleration, developing and driving value creation plans (VCPs), post-merger integration (PMI)
- Exit planning and sell-side support
- PE and alternative investment firm strategy development
Andrew has led more than 300 commercial reviews, M&A and both post-acquisition and portfolio company projects for leading private equity investors and hedge funds.
He also holds significant industry experience in tech, media and telecom (TMT), financial services, business services, retail, healthcare and digital.
Andrew is an honors graduate of the University of Melbourne in electrical and electronic engineering.
- “Private Equity’s New Business Services Challenge,” Brief, settembre 2020
- “Focus on Bain & Company ,” Classic Business, aprile 2017, Private Equity
- “Measuring a Company's Digital Competence,” Brief, agosto 2016
- “Private equity outlook for 2016,” Business Day TV, maggio 2016, Private Equity
- “Fundraising: Two speed market,” Private Equity International, aprile 2015