- Former head of our global Utilities practice
- Former Americas Energy & Natural Resources head
- 23+ years of firm experience across North America, Europe, Africa and Asia
- World Economic Forum firm ambassador
Joe Scalise is the head of our Global Energy & Natural Resources practice, based in San Francisco. He previously led both our Global Utilities & Renewables practice and our Americas Energy & Natural Resources efforts.
He joined the firm in 1997 and has worked across our offices in Boston, New York, Dallas and Johannesburg, as well as with teams in Europe and Asia.
Joe has continuously worked in and around the utilities sector for nearly 20 years. As our former global Utilities practice leader, he was responsible for both our client work and intellectual property in the space. He regularly works directly with some of the largest investor-owned utilities in the Americas and advises teams around the world.
His most recent work has centered in four areas:
- Industry transformation: Implications of flat/declining loads and regulatory adventurism;
- Cost and performance: Transitioning the sector to a competitive footing; there is no strategy for which cost discipline is not critical;
- Digital: Beyond "pilot" use cases to scale deployment; and
- M&A: Industry consolidation, diligence and integration.
Joe frequently represents our firm at global industry forums and events, including the World Economic Forum and The Edison Electric Institute, in addition to publishing various briefs and articles.
Prior to joining us, he worked for the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington D.C., specializing in regulated industry economics.
Joe holds an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a B.A. in Economics from Lehigh University.
- “Navigating the Energy and Natural Resources Transition,” Video, 2021년7월26일
- “Two out of Three Won’t Do,” Report, 2021년6월22일
- “Harnessing the Energy and Resource Transition ,” Report, 2021년6월22일
- “Time for ESG Investors and Energy and Natural Resources Companies to Work Together,” Report, 2021년6월22일
- “Covid-19: Implications for Utilities and How to Navigate through Uncertainty,” Webinar, 2020년4월21일
In the News
- “ESG investors can harness energy transition,” Khaleej Times, 2021년8월16일, 에너지와 천연자원
- “Corporate: Energy, resource industries locked into carbon countdown,” The Edge Malaysia, 2021년7월19일, 에너지와 천연자원
- “From confrontation to collaboration: reconciling relations between the energy sector and ESG investors,” Press release, 2021년6월22일