- Former head of our global Utilities practice
- Former Americas Energy & Natural Resources head
- 23+ years of firm experience across North America, Europe, Africa and Asia
- World Economic Forum firm ambassador
Joe Scalise is the head of our Global Energy & Natural Resources practice, based in San Francisco. He previously led both our Global Utilities & Renewables practice and our Americas Energy & Natural Resources efforts.
He joined the firm in 1997 and has worked across our offices in Boston, New York, Dallas and Johannesburg, as well as with teams in Europe and Asia.
Joe has continuously worked in and around the utilities sector for nearly 20 years. As our former global Utilities practice leader, he was responsible for both our client work and intellectual property in the space. He regularly works directly with some of the largest investor-owned utilities in the Americas and advises teams around the world.
His most recent work has centered in four areas:
- Industry transformation: Implications of flat/declining loads and regulatory adventurism;
- Cost and performance: Transitioning the sector to a competitive footing; there is no strategy for which cost discipline is not critical;
- Digital: Beyond "pilot" use cases to scale deployment; and
- M&A: Industry consolidation, diligence and integration.
Joe frequently represents our firm at global industry forums and events, including the World Economic Forum and The Edison Electric Institute, in addition to publishing various briefs and articles.
Prior to joining us, he worked for the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington D.C., specializing in regulated industry economics.
Joe holds an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a B.A. in Economics from Lehigh University.
- “Toward a Deeper Understanding of the State of the Energy and Resource Transition,” Energy & Natural Resources Report, 2022年6月14日, レポート
- “How Energy and Resource Executives Think about the Transition,” Energy & Natural Resources Report, 2022年6月14日, レポート
- “Navigating the Energy and Natural Resources Transition,” 動画, 2021年7月26日
- “Two out of Three Won’t Do,” レポート, 2021年6月22日
- “Harnessing the Energy and Resource Transition ,” レポート, 2021年6月22日
In the News
- “Energy and natural resources companies accelerate progress toward net zero, hasten shift to alternative ventures in search of new growth,” Press release, 2022年6月14日
- “Cate Hight joins Bain & Company as an expert partner in its Sustainability & Responsibility and Energy & Natural Resources practices,” Press release, 2022年1月18日
- “Managing energy and resource transition challenges,” Arabian Business, 2021年12月12日, エネルギー、天然資源
- “ESG investors can harness energy transition,” Khaleej Times, 2021年8月16日, エネルギー、天然資源
- “Corporate: Energy, resource industries locked into carbon countdown,” The Edge Malaysia, 2021年7月19日, エネルギー、天然資源