Les Baird is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. He leads Bain's Global and Americas Mergers & Acquisitions practice. He is also a member in the firm's Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Infrastructure, Construction & Building Products, Corporate Finance and Healthcare practices.
Les has more than 15 years of management consulting experience, working primarily with industrial clients on a range of projects including corporate strategy, growth strategy, mergers and acquisition strategy and execution, organization and performance improvement.
Les holds deep expertise in merger integration, including organizational and cultural integrations, as well as change management and results delivery. He has led many multi-billion dollar global integration programs and acquired extensive experience in due diligence and commercial valuation. His due diligence and portfolio experience covers assets across an array of industries, including consumer products, retail, industrial products and telecom.
Les has worked in the firm's Boston and Sydney offices. Prior to joining Bain, he worked at another global consulting firm, where he specialized in business process redesign in a merger integration setting.
Les earned an MBA with honors from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. He also holds a BA in business economics from Wheaton College, where he graduated cum laude.
- “Letter from the Bain M&A Team: How Did You Deal?,” M&A Report, 2021년2월16일, Report
- “Letter from the Bain M&A Team: A Year of Resilience,” Report, 2020년1월15일
- “State of M&A: Momentum amid Caution,” Report, 2020년1월15일
- “M&A Regulation: Scrutiny of Deals Expands,” Report, 2020년1월15일
- “Dealmaking: How Will the Scope M&A Boom Pan Out?,” Report, 2020년1월15일
In the News
- “Companies boost capabilities through Mergers and Acquisitions,” The Wall Street Journal, 2020년1월14일