Les Baird is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. He leads Bain's global Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Finance practices. He is also a leader in the firm's Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Infrastructure, Construction & Building Products and Healthcare practices.
Les has more than 15 years of management consulting experience, working primarily with industrial clients on a range of projects including corporate strategy, growth strategy, mergers and acquisition strategy and execution, organization and performance improvement.
Les holds deep expertise in merger integration, including organizational and cultural integrations, as well as change management and results delivery. He has led many multi-billion dollar global integration programs and acquired extensive experience in due diligence and commercial valuation. His due diligence and portfolio experience covers assets across an array of industries, including consumer products, retail, industrial products and telecom.
Les has worked in the firm's Boston and Sydney offices. Prior to joining Bain, he worked at another global consulting firm, where he specialized in business process redesign in a merger integration setting.
Les earned an MBA with honors from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. He also holds a BA in business economics from Wheaton College, where he graduated cum laude.
- “Letter from the Bain M&A Team: A Year of Resilience,” Report, January 2020
- “State of M&A: Momentum amid Caution,” Report, January 2020
- “M&A Regulation: Scrutiny of Deals Expands,” Report, January 2020
- “Dealmaking: How Will the Scope M&A Boom Pan Out?,” Report, January 2020
- “Private Capital: Financial Sponsors Make Good Partners,” Report, January 2020
In the News
- “Companies Boost Capabilities Through Mergers and Acquisitions,” The Wall Street Journal, January 2020