Simon Heap is a partner in Bain & Company's Silicon Valley office. He leads Bain's global Software practice and holds deep expertise in software business strategy and performance improvement.
Simon focuses primarily in business strategy, operations, performance improvement and transformation across enterprise software, computing equipment, semiconductors and SaaS. He works extensively with companies in these sectors to address go-to-market (GTM) strategy and indirect channels, as well as pricing.
His functional expertise includes salesforce effectiveness, channel strategy, customer loyalty, R&D effectiveness, process reengineering, cost reduction, procurement, IT strategy, organization design and change management.
He also specializes in corporate and business unit strategy, mergers & acquisitions, growth strategy and business turnarounds. He has led and participated in multiple business transformations.
Simon joined Bain in 1988 and has previously worked in the firm's London and Hong Kong offices.
Prior to joining Bain, Simon worked for Associated Engineering PLC.
He earned a MBA from INSEAD, and a MA (Engineering) and MSc (Manufacturing Engineering) from Cambridge University, England.
- “OPEXEngine joins Bain & Company to boost operational benchmarking capabilities for software companies,” Press release, 2021년9월15일
- “What Makes a Good Customer Success Manager? ,” Article, 2020년8월25일
- “Covid-19 Business Impact on SaaS and Software Companies,” Webinar, 2020년6월16일
- “Lockdowns Spike Spending on Collaboration and Software Tools,” 스냅차트, 2020년6월3일
- “Driving Cost Efficiencies through Operational Excellence at Software Companies,” Webinar, 2020년5월20일