Simon Heap is a partner in Bain & Company's Silicon Valley office. He leads Bain's global Software practice and holds deep expertise in software business strategy and performance improvement.
Simon focuses primarily in business strategy, operations, performance improvement and transformation across enterprise software, computing equipment, semiconductors and SaaS. He works extensively with companies in these sectors to address go-to-market (GTM) strategy and indirect channels, as well as pricing.
His functional expertise includes salesforce effectiveness, channel strategy, customer loyalty, R&D effectiveness, process reengineering, cost reduction, procurement, IT strategy, organization design and change management.
He also specializes in corporate and business unit strategy, mergers & acquisitions, growth strategy and business turnarounds. He has led and participated in multiple business transformations.
Simon joined Bain in 1988 and has previously worked in the firm's London and Hong Kong offices.
Prior to joining Bain, Simon worked for Associated Engineering PLC.
He earned a MBA from INSEAD, and a MA (Engineering) and MSc (Manufacturing Engineering) from Cambridge University, England.
- “What Makes a Good Customer Success Manager? ,” Article, August 2020
- “Covid-19 Business Impact on SaaS and Software Companies,” Webinar, June 2020
- “Lockdowns Spike Spending on Collaboration and Software Tools,” Snap Chart, June 2020
- “Driving Cost Efficiencies through Operational Excellence at Software Companies,” Webinar, May 2020
- “In Enterprise Software, Renewals and Retention Have Never Been More Important,” Article, May 2020