Torsten Lichtenau is a partner based in our London office. He leads our Carbon Transition Impact Area globally and is a core member of our global Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility, Energy and Natural Resources, and Advanced Manufacturing and Services practices.
Torsten supports clients across industries and geographies in decarbonizing their business and embracing the value creation opportunity from the energy and carbon transition. Prior to this, Torsten led our Energy and Natural Resources and Advanced Manufacturing and Services practices in the UK.
Torsten has more than fifteen years' consulting experience with us across a wide range of industries, with a focus on the energy and industrial sectors. Over the course of his career, he has accumulated extensive experience in leading large-scale transformations with a track record of delivering decisive and sustainable results for his clients. Torsten has a particular expertise in climate change and Results Delivery, our differentiated approach to change management.
Since joining us in 2004, Torsten has applied his management consulting skills globally and has been based in the firm's London, Dusseldorf and Johannesburg offices. He has advised leading companies in the United Kingdom, Western Europe, the United States, Africa and Russia.
Torsten is a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader from the class of 2016. He holds an MBA (Diplom-Kaufmann degree) from the University of the Saarland and a Ph.D. in Business Administration from WHU Koblenz. Throughout the years, he has also deepened his leadership and sustainability skills through executive courses at Oxford and Stanford.
- “One third of businesses missed their 2020 decarbonization targets; here’s what they must change to meet their 2030 goals,” Press release, 2022년5월23일
- “From Carbon Ambition to Delivery ,” Brief, 2022년5월20일
- “The Great Retooling for Sustainability Is a Huge Opportunity in Machinery,” Global Machinery & Equipment Report, 2022년5월2일, Report
- “How the SEC’s New Climate Disclosure Rules Could Help Sharpen Climate Strategy,” Brief, 2022년3월21일
- “ESG Insights into Sustainable Investing and Auditing,” Video, 2022년2월22일