Aaron Cheris is a partner in Bain & Company's San Francisco office and is the head of Bain's Americas Retail practice. He is also actively involved in the Private Equity and Customer Strategy & Marketing practices, with particular emphasis on customer loyalty and NPS across industries. He joined the firm in 1996.
While at Bain, Aaron has worked in a broad range of retail sectors and formats, including department stores, specialty footwear and apparel (retailers and brands), online pure plays, online gaming, grocery, club, sporting goods, consumer electronics, jewelry, pet, health/beauty, kiosk, health clubs, optical and restaurants (QSR, coffee, FC and CDR).
His experience includes leading engagements in corporate and brand strategy, new concept development, omnichannel strategy, localization, customer segmentation, customer loyalty/rewards, development/real estate strategy, organization/operating model and private equity due diligence.
Outside of his work at Bain, Aaron has worked with the San Francisco 49ers and Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, and spent five years on the board of directors of Cycle Gear.
Aaron earned an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business (Arjay Miller Scholar and Siebel Scholar) and received bachelor's degrees in economics and political science at Occidental College in Los Angeles (graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa).
- “Holiday Recap and Technology Trends for 2019 ,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, January 2019, Article
- “The Holiday Marketing Challenge: Spend Smart, Keep Customers ,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, December 2018
- “Holiday Help Wanted: Staffing Up in a Tight Job Market,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, November 2018
- “Is Amazon Primed to Conquer Christmas Again?,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, November 2018
- “2018 Holiday Shopping Outlook: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, October 2018, Brief