Charlotte Apps is a vice president in our Consumer Products practice.
Charlotte is an expert in consumer products and regularly publishes insights and viewpoints on global trends in the sector. Her areas of expertise include brand growth acceleration, Insurgent Brands, Elements of Value, consumer trends and shifts in the grocery landscape.
She has co-authored a series of Bain studies on the rise of Insurgent Brands and on shifts in the US grocery landscape, with a specific focus on implications for consumer packaged goods companies. She advises client teams focused on these topics, including discussions on brand growth, portfolio strategy, operating model, as well as diligences in both corporate and private equity settings.
Charlotte joined Bain in 2006 and has worked extensively in both Europe and the Americas. Prior to joining Bain, she worked in investment banking at Merrill Lynch.
She holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and graduated magna cum laude from Columbia University with a BA in political science and economics.
- “Insurgent Brand M&A: A New Playbook for Consumer Products Acquirers,” Webinar, March 2022
- “Insurgent Brands Deliver More Value to Consumers and Are Rewarded for It ,” Article, March 2022
- “Consumer Products M&A,” M&A Report, February 2022, Report
- “Small-Brand Acquisitions: Boosting the Odds of Success,” Infographic, September 2021
- “Are Healthy Intentions Leading to Healthier Habits?,” Infographic, August 2021