Dieter holds deep expertise across multiple areas, including strategy development and implementation, M&A, post-merger integration and pharma marketing and sales.
Prior to joining Bain in 2009, Dieter worked for another consulting firm with a focus on mergers & acquisitions, corporate strategy and marketing in the pharmaceuticals and chemicals industries. He gained additional work experience with Procter & Gamble and Roche.
Dieter holds a Master of Science in Finance and Accounting from University of St. Gallen in Switzerland. During his studies he spent two exchange semesters at Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden, and Rensselear Polytechnic Institute, U.S.A.
- “Healthcare Private Equity in Europe: Steady Dealmaking despite Many Deferrals,” Report, March 2021
- “Medtech: Four Themes Fueled Deals despite the Pandemic,” Report, March 2021
- “Why Consumer Health Brands Struggle to Grow,” Snap Chart, December 2019
- “Procurement Officers Are Taking the Lead in Medtech Purchasing Decisions,” Snap Chart, December 2018
- “A Better Way to Manage Costs in Medtech,” Brief, November 2018