Jan-Alexander Huber is a partner in Bain & Company's Berlin office. He is an expert in the firm's Financial Services practice.
Jan-Alexander has more than 15 years of industry and consulting experience, with deep expertise in wholesale banking.
He works with leading companies to address the topics of corporate banking and asset based finance, restructuring and capital management, finance and risk as well as corporate finance. In addition, he advises clients across a range of industries, including consumer goods and chemicals, as well as private equity funds and corporate investors.
Jan-Alexander formerly served as Deputy CFO and Managing Director with global responsibility for Group Finance and Financial Controlling at HSH Nordbank.
He earned a Diploma in Business Administration from the University of Hamburg and a PhD in economics, summa cum laude, from the University of Fribourg in Switzerland.
- “How Banks Can Manage Operational Risk,” Brief, July 2018
- “ How Banks Can Prevent Catastrophes,” Forbes.com, June 2018, Article
- “How Banks Can Excel in Financial Crimes Compliance,” Brief, January 2018
- “How Banks Can Turn Around Unproﬁtable Corporate Clients,” Brief, May 2017
- “For Commercial Banks, a Better Route to "All Aboard",” Brief, May 2016