He has been working with client organizations on a range of digital topics for more than 10 years. This work has included helping clients transform their legacy businesses in the face of industry-wide digital disruption, developing digital product and package strategies, driving digital sales and marketing performance improvement and harnessing the power of big data and advanced analytics.
John has deep experience in the media and telecommunications sector and has advised many client organizations on issues of growth strategy, go-to-market and sales force effectiveness, pricing and organization design.
He is also a member of Bain's Customer Strategy & Marketing global leadership team with responsibility for customer insights and segmentation.
John has published articles on a wide range of management topics, including The three promises and perils of Big Data and Boosting your digital marketing effectiveness. He has also published articles on consumer behavior and disruptive technologies and his insights have been quoted and featured in business news outlets around the world.
Prior to joining Bain, John was a partner at another global consulting firm, where he was the New York office head and led the US media segment.
He earned a BSc from Southampton University in Chemistry.
- “Five Ways to Increase Your Cross-Selling,” HBR.org, November 2016, Article
- “Reinvigorate Cross-Selling,” Brief, October 2016
- “Leading a 360-Degree Digital Transition,” Brief, October 2016
- “The Elements of Value,” Harvard Business Review, August 2016, Article
- “Go Big and Get Smart: Boosting Your Digital Marketing Effectiveness,” Brief, August 2015