Marcello Tripodo is a partner and director based in Bain & Company’s Milan office.
He leads Bain’s Consumer Products practice in EMEA, coordinating partners from 25 offices across the region.
Marcello has 20 years of management consulting experience, supporting senior executives to address their strategic concerns and access superior growth opportunities. This commitment brought Marcello to lead and support teams across the world and allowed him to build capabilities across a broad range of consumer products categories (including beer, spirits, soft drinks, coffee, food, pet-care, confectionary, beauty, home and personal care) throughout Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle East and China.
He is an expert in strategy, transformation, commercial excellence and route-to-market. In recent years, he has deepened his expertise in leveraging Agile across both strategy and operations, as well as enhancing companies’ commercial performance through data-driven sales execution.
In this context, Marcello leads the development of PSE (Perfect Sales Execution), a branch of Bain’s intellectual property that helps companies boost topline growth, powered by advanced analytics and proprietary digital solutions.
Prior to joining Bain, he worked in marketing and sales roles with Procter & Gamble and Anheuser-Busch (now AB InBev).
After earning an undergraduate degree in law, Marcello earned a Master in Business Administration from Bocconi University.
- “Marcello Tripodo: Perfecting Sales Execution in Traditional Trade,” Video, June 2015
- “From shelf to checkout: How brands can stand out at stores,” Forbes.com, July 2014, Article
- “The New Mission for Brands: Winning Shoppers in the Store,” Brief, June 2014
- “Sales execution for consumer goods,” Video, October 2011
- “Perfecting sales execution,” Brief, October 2011