Mark has more than 14 years of consulting experience, focused mainly in chemicals, energy and downstream industries. He has advised distributors of commodity and specialty chemicals, lubricants and petrochemicals on their most pressing opportunities and challenges. He specializes in strategy development and implementation, complexity and cost reduction, multi-year transformations, growth strategy and asset investment appraisals.
Mark also holds extensive expertise in M&A, including due diligence, post-merger integration and portfolio management. His clients include both corporations and private equity investors.
Prior to joining Bain, Mark worked with Imperial Chemical Industries as manufacturing manager in high-hazard commodity and specialty chemicals.
Mark received a Masters in Engineering from Imperial College with First Class Honours. He also has an MBA from IMD Switzerland, where he was a Dean's List scholar.
- “Balancing Cohesion and Volatility in a Chemical Portfolio,” Forbes.com, April 2017, Article
- “How Top Chemical Companies Navigate Portfolio Decisions,” Brief, February 2017
- “Three Ways That Digital Technology Can Help Chemical Producers,” Forbes.com, February 2017, Article
- “Digital Opportunities for Chemical Producers,” Brief, August 2016
- “Understanding Value: How to Capture the Pricing Opportunity in Chemicals,” Brief, May 2016