Matthew Meacham is a partner and director in the London office of Bain & Company. He leads Bain's Global Consumer Products practice.
He has participated in and led work all over the world. Within the consumer products industry, he has a particular focus on food and beverages. In recent years, he has led work with some of the best-known consumer products companies in the world.
Matthew joined Bain & Company in London in 1988 and has subsequently been involved in five office start-ups (Sydney, Hong Kong, Dallas, Costa Rica and Mexico City). He was elected partner in 1996 and director in 2003. He was office head in Dallas, responsible for Bain's business in the southwestern United States, Mexico and Central America, for six years before leading Bain's business in Spain and Portugal for eight years.
Matthew has developed extensive experience designing and implementing winning strategies for players in the US, Latin America and EMEA. In recent years, he has spent more time in Sub-Saharan Africa. These strategies have often focused around core brand growth, effective customer and channel strategy and segmentation, procurement and productivity improvement. He has also been deeply involved in multiple merger situations: buy-side, sell-side and post merger integration.
Prior to joining Bain, Matthew was an Officer in the British Army stationed in the UK and Cyprus. He also founded and managed his own fashion company.
Matthew earned his MBA from INSEAD, France. He also earned an MA in Jurisprudence from Oxford University, where he was awarded a scholarship after achieving a Distinction in Honor Moderations.
- “Overcoming the Existential Crisis in Consumer Goods,” Brief, March 2018
- “Consumer goods: big brands battle with the ‘little guys’ ,” Financial Times, February 2018, Consumer Products
- “To Keep a Consumer Brand Top of Mind, Consider Old-School Advertising,” Forbes.com, February 2017, Article
- “Online or Traditional Advertising, What's Better for Brands?,” Brief, November 2016
- “Winning with Brands,” Brief, June 2015