He leads many aspects of our global Pricing efforts, including the Pricing Center of Expertise, product development and technology partnerships.
While with the firm, Nate’s core client work has included:
- Leading a customer lifetime value and price strategy redesign for a large electric & gas utility, contributing 4%+ EBITDA growth p.a. from 2017 to present;
- Leading a price improvement initiative for an educational software company worth 500+ bps of margin improvement, involving a combination of package redesign, renewal optimization and frontline discounting improvement; and
- Leading the digital transformation of a Fortune 500 manufacturing company, yielding an overall IT cost reduction of 20% while growing investment in new application development.
Apart from his client work, he is a member of the Bain Band.
Nate joined the firm as an associate consultant (AC) in 2006. Prior to re-joining the firm in 2013, he worked as a judicial clerk for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
He holds a J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School and a B.A., magna cum laude, from Dartmouth College.
Nate lives in the Los Angeles area with his wife and two young sons. In his personal time, he enjoys hiking, skiing, cooking and choral music.
- “How B2B Firms Can Price with Confidence as Inflation Rises,” HBR.org, July 2021, Article
- “The Hidden Profit Killers in Off-Invoice Discounts,” Brief, March 2021
- “68 Cents on the Dollar: Why Price Increases Leak Away,” Snap Chart, January 2021