Rasmus Wegener is a partner in Bain & Company’s Atlanta office. He is a leader in Bain's Advanced Analytics practice with deep expertise in Big Data.
Rasmus is a senior member of the firm’s Telecommunications, Media and Technology practice and the Information Technology and Digital practices. He holds additional expertise in commercial excellence, full potential transformation, Results Delivery, higher ed and social impact.
Rasmus is a seasoned adviser and partner to senior client executives and boards with more than 15 years of experience in consulting. He regularly coordinates multi-national and multi-team engagements, focusing on business transformations and turnarounds across a broad range of industries. His insights on Big Data have been published around the world and in leading business publications such as The Wall Street Journal.
Rasmus serves as the partner lead for the Atlanta office’s pro bono and community outreach efforts and is a member of the board of the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta.
Prior to joining Bain, Rasmus was a medical physicist, specializing in the radiobiological optimization of cancer treatment protocols. He completed his MS work at the University of Utah and holds a Ph.D. from the University of Tuebingen.
- “Predator or Prey: Disruption in the Era of Advanced Analytics,” Brief, November 2017
- “The Business Case For Prioritizing The 'I' In IT,” Forbes.com, July 2017, Article
- “Most CIOs Don't Think Their Companies Can Handle Big Data,” Forbes.com, April 2016, Article
- “Building IT Capabilities to Deliver Better Insights,” Brief, February 2016
- “Customers' Trust About Personal Data Can't Be Bought,” Jakarta Post, June 2015, Article