Syed Ali is a vice president at Bain and a leader in the firm’s Enterprise Technology, Private Equity and Telecommuncations, Media & Technology (TMT) practices. He is also the co-head of Bain’s global cybersecurity advisory services.
Syed has 20 years of experience in management and technology consulting, including 7 years at Bain.
Syed has expertise in cybersecurity, digital transformations, Agile technology readiness, digital operating model design, on-premise and cloud infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS) strategy, IT performance management, IT sourcing and vendor management.
Over the course of his career, Syed has advised senior business and technology leaders at Fortune 100 and 500 companies in the tech, telecom, insurance, healthcare, retail and banking industries.
Prior to joining Bain, he was a principal at Booz & Company.
Syed holds an MS in information technology from Northwestern University and a BSE in biomedical engineering from Tulane University.
- “California imposes new regulations on ‘internet of things’ devices,” American Bar Association Journal, December 2018, Technology
- “Cybersecurity Is the Key to Unlocking Demand in the Internet of Things,” Brief, June 2018
- “Tapping Cloud's Full Potential,” Brief, April 2015
- “Time for senior managers to get serious about cybersecurity,” WSJ.com CIO Journal, March 2014, Article
- “Why Cybersecurity is a Strategic Issue,” Brief, February 2014