He has more than 20 years of management consulting experience, having joined Bain in 1995. He worked across a number of the firm's offices, including London and Sydney, before moving to Johannesburg in 1999.
Tiaan advises multinational and regional companies across multiple industries, including mining, oil and gas, retail and consumer goods, as well as the public sector. He has extensive experience developing and implementing sustainable performance improvement strategies for mining houses and consumer goods companies. He holds additional expertise in corporate and business unit strategies and organizational design.
Prior to joining Bain, he worked at Ernst & Young as an audit manager and at Webber Wentzel Bowens as their financial manager.
Tiaan is a graduate of Rand Afrikaans University (now University of Johannesburg), where he received a B Comm (cum laude), a B Comm Honors and an LLB. He is also a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- “Digital Tools Are Helpful in Increasing Productivity,” Business Day, March 2017, Article
- “Multiplying the Impact: What It Will Take to Grow Mining Investment in Africa,” The European Magazine, May 2015, Article
- “Rule of Thumb: Use Principles and Not Rules,” Business Day, March 2015, Article
- “How to bridge South Africa's talent gap,” Africa.com, May 2013, Article
- “Lessons from Africa's pioneers,” Article, February 2012