- 40+ years of firm experience
- Author of Winning in Turbulence and Doing Agile Right
Darrell joined Bain in 1978 and specializes in innovation and retail growth strategies. Over the past 42 years, he has worked with many of the world's most successful companies.
A frequent speaker and writer on innovation and retail issues including agile innovation, BothBrain innovation®, omnichannel retailing, winning in turbulence, brand positioning and change management, he regularly speaks at management conferences and has made media appearances on CNBC, CNN Moneyline and Bloomberg. His research is widely published in the business pages of many US and international publications, including The Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and The Financial Times.
He is the author of Winning in Turbulence (2009) and Doing Agile Right (2020).
Darrell holds an MBA from Harvard Business School with high distinction (Baker Scholar). He is a graduate of Brigham Young University, where he received a bachelor of science in business management, summa cum laude.
- “The Holidays Are Here, and Shoppers Are Spending,” Snap Chart, novembro 19, 2021
- “The Three Questions Leaders Should Always Ask Their Teams,” Infographic, novembro 18, 2021
- “Marketplaces Prepare to Share Amazon’s Holiday Cheer,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, novembro 16, 2021, Brief
- “Three Steps to Stopping Work That Isn’t Working,” Infographic, setembro 24, 2021
- “2021 Holiday Shopping Outlook,” Infographic, setembro 14, 2021
In the News
- “Bain & Company predicts a 7% uptick in US holiday shopping sales this year—the second-highest growth rate in 20 years,” Press release, setembro 15, 2021
- “The Agile Organization: Balancing Efficiency and Innovation (Even in Tough Times),” Harvard Business Review, julho 20, 2020
- “How Agile Integrates Operations And Innovation,” Harvard Business Journal, maio 22, 2020
- “Retail’s revolution ,” Consulting Magazine, janeiro 01, 2015, Retail
- “Inspire Organisational Agility, Don’t Command It,” CXO Mag,