- 40+ years of firm experience
- Author of Winning in Turbulence and Doing Agile Right
Darrell joined Bain in 1978 and specializes in innovation and retail growth strategies. Over the past 42 years, he has worked with many of the world's most successful companies.
A frequent speaker and writer on innovation and retail issues including agile innovation, BothBrain innovation®, omnichannel retailing, winning in turbulence, brand positioning and change management, he regularly speaks at management conferences and has made media appearances on CNBC, CNN Moneyline and Bloomberg. His research is widely published in the business pages of many US and international publications, including The Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and The Financial Times.
He is the author of Winning in Turbulence (2009) and Doing Agile Right (2020).
Darrell holds an MBA from Harvard Business School with high distinction (Baker Scholar). He is a graduate of Brigham Young University, where he received a bachelor of science in business management, summa cum laude.
- “2021 Holiday Shopping Outlook,” Infographic, September 2021
- “Three Steps to a Better Budget and Annual Plan,” Infographic, August 2021
- “3 Questions to Help Your Team Solve Problems,” HBR.org, August 2021, Article
- “A Day in the Life of an Agile CEO,” Snap Chart, June 2021
- “Doing Agile Right: Why We Wrote the Book,” Video, May 2021
In the News
- “Bain & Company predicts a 7% uptick in us holiday shopping sales this year—the second-highest growth rate in 20 years,” Press release, September 2021
- “The Agile Organization: Balancing Efficiency and Innovation (Even in Tough Times),” Harvard Business Review, July 2020
- “How Agile Integrates Operations And Innovation,” Harvard Business Journal, May 2020
- “Retail’s revolution ,” Consulting Magazine, January 2015, Retail
- “Inspire Organisational Agility, Don’t Command It,” CXO Mag,