- 40+ years of firm experience
- Author of Winning in Turbulence and Doing Agile Right
Darrell joined Bain in 1978 and specializes in innovation and retail growth strategies. Over the past 42 years, he has worked with many of the world's most successful companies.
A frequent speaker and writer on innovation and retail issues including agile innovation, BothBrain innovation®, omnichannel retailing, winning in turbulence, brand positioning and change management, he regularly speaks at management conferences and has made media appearances on CNBC, CNN Moneyline and Bloomberg. His research is widely published in the business pages of many US and international publications, including The Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and The Financial Times.
He is the author of Winning in Turbulence (2009) and Doing Agile Right (2020).
Darrell holds an MBA from Harvard Business School with high distinction (Baker Scholar). He is a graduate of Brigham Young University, where he received a bachelor of science in business management, summa cum laude.
- “How Shoppers Are Spending This Holiday Season,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, December 2020, Infographic
- “Amazon Primes for Another Happy Holiday and Prosperous New Year,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, November 2020, Brief
- “Using Agile in Retail to Thrive This Holiday Season,” Webinar, November 2020
- “2020 Holiday Shopping Outlook,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, October 2020, Infographic
- “Agile in a Crisis,” Ask the Authors, September 2020, Video
In the News
- “The Agile Organization: Balancing Efficiency and Innovation (Even in Tough Times),” Harvard Business Review, July 2020
- “How Agile Integrates Operations And Innovation,” Harvard Business Journal, May 2020
- “Retail’s revolution ,” Consulting Magazine, January 2015, Retail