Kara Gruver is a partner and our Chief Talent Officer.
Kara has been with our firm for more than 35 years and has served in a variety of leadership roles, championing a people-first approach to everything that we do. Prior to her current role, she was our Chief Transformation Officer, based in London from 2019-2020, and head of the Boston office from 2012-2019.
She was recognized as one of the Top 25 Consultants in 2017 by Consulting Magazine for Excellence in Leadership.
Kara has served as a strategic business advisor to clients in the consumer products and retail industries, supporting them on issues including corporate strategy, pricing, and trade strategy, M&A, innovation, supply chain restructuring, and organizational effectiveness. She has developed deep expertise working with a broad set of clients across multiple industries on operating model, decision effectiveness, and innovation.
Kara joined us in 1986 and was one of the founding members of our Chicago office, spending three years investing in the local clients and team to create a scale presence in the market. She has served as the head of our North American Consumer Products practice, a member of the Global Compensation Committee, and our Board of Directors.
She holds an MBA from the Darden School at the University of Virginia, where she was selected a Shermet Scholar. She graduated magna cum laude from Dartmouth College with a B.A. in Computer Science.
- “Innovation in Consumer Goods: Heroes to the Rescue,” Brief, 9. September 2015
- “Deciding to fight or play in the private-label arena,” Brief, 1. Juni 2011
- “Innovation in Turbulent Times,” Artikel, 16. September 2009
- “Innovation in turbulent times,” Harvard Business Review, 1. Juni 2009, Artikel
- “Do you know who your competitors are?,” Brief, 11. April 2005