WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are a Glassdoor Best Place to Work and we have maintained a spot in the top four since its founding in 2009. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration are key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
Working alongside our generalist consultants, Bain's Advanced Analytics Group (AAG) helps clients across industries solve their biggest problems using our expertise in data science, customer insights, statistics, machine learning, data management, supply chain analytics and data engineering. Stationed in our global offices, AAG team members hold advanced degrees in computer science, engineering, AI, data science, physics, statistics, mathematics, and other quantitative disciplines, with backgrounds in a variety of fields including tech, data science, marketing analytics and academia.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of the growing Data Science and Machine Learning (ML) Engineering team in Bain’s Advanced Analytics Group, you will:
- Collaborate closely with and influence business consulting staff and leaders as part of multi-disciplinary teams to assess opportunities and develop data-driven solutions for Bain clients across a variety of sectors
- Translate business objectives into data and analytics solutions and, translate results into business insights using appropriate data engineering and data science applications
- Partner closely with other engineering and product specialists at Bain to support development of innovative analytics solutions and products
- Transform existing prototype code into optimized scalable, production-grade software
- Manage the development of re-usable frameworks, models and components
- Drive best practices in machine learning engineering and MLOps
- Develop relationships with external data and analytics vendors
- Provide thought championing in state-of-the-art machine-learning techniques
- Develop, deploy and support industry-leading machine learning solutions, aimed at solving client problems across industry verticals and business functions
- Act as Professional Development Advisor to a team of 3-5 machine learning engineers
- Support AAG leadership in extending and growing our machine learning, engineering and analytics capabilities
- Help develop Advanced Analytics intellectual property and identify areas of new opportunity for data science and analytics for Bain and its clients
- Travel is required (30%)
- Consideration will be given to individuals with a specialization in NLP or Computer Vision
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, etc.
- 10+ years of software engineering, analytics development or machine learning engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience managing data scientists and ML engineers
- Strong understanding of fundamental computer science concepts, software design best practices, software development lifecycle and common machine learning design patterns
- Solid understanding of foundational machine learning concepts and algorithms
- Broad experience deploying production-grade machine learning solutions on-premise or in the cloud
- Expert knowledge of Python programming and machine learning frameworks (Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience implementing ML automation, MLOps (scalable development to deployment of complex data science workflows) and associated tools (e.g. MLflow, Kubeflow)
- Experience working in accordance with DevSecOps principles, and familiarity with industry deployment best practices using CI/CD tools and infrastructure as code (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Extensive experience in at least one cloud platform (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) and associated machine learning services, e.g. Amazon SageMaker, Azure ML, Databricks
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain and discuss machine learning concepts with colleagues and clients
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels and with multi-office/region teams
- Ability to work without supervision and juggle priorities to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment, while also collaborating as part of a team in complex situations
- Proficiency with core techniques of linear algebra (as relevant for implementation of ML models) and common optimization algorithms
- Experience using distributed computing engines, e.g. Dask, Ray, Spark
- Experience using big data technologies and distributed computing engines, e.g. HDFS, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Solr, Dask
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 64 cities in 39 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a gold rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 2% of all companies. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
U.S. Compensation and Benefit Information:
Compensation for this role includes base salary, annual discretionary performance bonus, 401(k) plan with an annual employer contribution based on years of service and Bain’s best in class benefits package (details listed below).
Some local governments in the United States require a good-faith, reasonable salary range be included in job postings for open roles. The estimated annualized compensation for this role is as follows:
In New York City, the good-faith, reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is between $260,500 - $313,000; placement within this range will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
In California state, the good-faith, reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is between $260,500 - $313,000; placement within this range will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
In Washington state, the good-faith, reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is between $260,500 - $313,000; placement within this range will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
For all other U.S. locations, the good-faith, reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is commensurate with competitive geographic market rates for this role and will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
Annual discretionary performance bonus
This role may also be eligible for other elements of discretionary compensation
4.5% 401(k) company contribution, which increases after 3 years of service and is 100% vested upon start date
Bain & Company's comprehensive U.S. benefits and wellness program is designed to help employees achieve personal independence, protection and stability in the areas most important to you and your family.