- Head of our global Mining practice
- 30+ years of consulting experience
Alistair Corbett is the head of our global Mining practice, based in Toronto.
He has extensive experience in a range of mining commodities, including gold, copper, nickel, iron ore and coal. He focuses on serving clients primarily in North America, but also in South America and globally.
Alistair brings clients 30 years of consulting experience. He has particularly deep expertise in supporting clients in achieving their strategic and operational full potential value from existing operations, as well as from the design and execution of new capital projects. He developed Bain’s proprietary value-driven approach to diagnose, design and deliver results for clients in mining.
He also holds deep expertise in growth strategy, including strategic portfolio optimization, capital allocation, M&A, investment evaluation, diligence and merger integration.
Alistair holds a 1st class honours degree in engineering and a masters’ degree in operational research, both from Cambridge University, as well as an MBA (with distinction) from INSEAD.
- “Raising Productivity in Energy and Natural Resources Capital Projects,” Rapport, 22 juin 2021
- “Has Your Company Sprung a Revenue Leak?,” Article, 1 juin 2005
- “Smart deal-making,” Article, 25 avril 2005
- “Three Steps to Avoiding Merger Meltdown,” Article, 1 mars 2005
- “Hard-core Growth: Bain and Company's research shows how smart companies profit from their core business-and beyond,” Article, 26 avril 2004