Alistair leads Bain’s global Mining practice. He has extensive experience in a range of mining commodities, including gold, copper, nickel, iron ore and coal. He focuses on serving clients primarily in North America, but also in South America.
Alistair brings clients 30 years of consulting experience. He has particularly deep expertise in supporting clients in achieving their strategic and operational full potential value from existing operations, as well as from the design and execution of new capital projects. He developed Bain’s proprietary value-driven approach to diagnose, design and deliver results for clients in mining and forest products.
He also holds deep expertise in growth strategy, including strategic portfolio optimization, capital allocation, M&A, investment evaluation, diligence and merger integration.
Alistair holds a 1st class honours degree in engineering and a masters’ degree in operational research, both from Cambridge University, as well as an MBA (with distinction) from INSEAD.
- “Has Your Company Sprung a Revenue Leak?,” 記事, 2005年6月1日
- “Smart deal-making,” 記事, 2005年4月25日
- “Three Steps to Avoiding Merger Meltdown,” 記事, 2005年3月1日
- “Hard-core Growth: Bain and Company's research shows how smart companies profit from their core business-and beyond,” 記事, 2004年4月26日
- “The Right Ways to Grow,” 記事, 2003年4月28日