Thomas Kwasniok is a partner in Bain & Company's London office. He is a member of the firm's Energy & Natural Resources practice, with deep expertise in the Chemicals sector. He is also an expert in Bain's Supply Chain Management practice.
Thomas has more than 15 years of management consulting experience across a range of industry sectors, such as chemicals, pharmaceuticals and med-tech, consumer goods, engineered products and semiconductors.
He has gathered practical experience on a global level in cross-functional performance improvement and restructuring, including complexity management and optimization of R&D, procurement, manufacturing and supply chain management.
Within the chemicals sector, Thomas has advised a range of companies on topics including industrial efficiency improvement, asset strategies, setup of corporate functions, operating models, business model redesign, acquisition target screening, operational due diligence and post-merger integration.
Prior to consulting, he built a profitable business unit for real-time supply chain optimization software during seven years as director at a mid-size software company.
Thomas received a Dr.-Ing. degree (with honors) in Electrical Engineering from Aachen Technical University, Germany. He also holds a Master of Operations Research degree.
- “Pharma’s Pandemic Fallout: US Drug Shortages,” Snap Chart, 3 mai 2021
- “A Strategy to Make Pharma Supply Chains More Resilient,” Etude, 19 novembre 2020
- “Reinventing the Consumer Products Supply Chain,” Etude, 29 janvier 2020
- “Using the Next Recession to Change the Game,” Etude, 22 octobre 2018
- “Building a Digital Supply Chain Ready for the Future,” Supply Chain 24/7, 29 mars 2018, Article