Michael Schertler is a partner in Bain & Company's Munich office and a director in Bain's Advanced Manufacturing & Services practice in the German-speaking region. He is a product leader in the firm's Performance Improvement practice, with particularly deep expertise in Supply Chain Management, as well as an active contributor in the Digital, Automotive and Machinery & Equipment practices.
He has more than 10 years of management consulting experience and delivers strategies that work for leading businesses.
Michael mainly advises clients in the industrial goods and services sector, as well as private equity funds. His focus is on assignments related to digital, performance improvement, strategy and large-scale transformations. He has hands-on experience across a broad set of improvement levers such as manufacturing optimization, general and administrative (G&A) reorganizations, supply chain management and net working capital (NWC) optimization.
He closely collaborates with management teams on strategic and operational improvement programs from the design phase to actual results delivery.
Prior to joining Bain in 2003, Michael worked as business development manager for a startup company as well as technology consultant.
Michael earned an MBA from the Australian Graduate School of Management and graduated from Technische Universitaet Muenchen with a Master's in Electrical Engineering.
- “How to Jump-Start a Digital Solutions Future in Machinery,” Global Machinery & Equipment Report, 2022년5월2일, Report
- “From the vision to transformation: Digitalization must be given top priority,” Brief, 2018년6월27일
- “Choosing the Right Platform for the Industrial IoT,” Brief, 2017년9월28일
- “Finding Europe's Edge in the Internet of Things,” Brief, 2017년3월28일
- “Michael Schertler: Digital in Industrial Machinery,” Video, 2016년11월23일