Peter Bowen is our Austin office head and a leader in our Technology and Cloud Services practice.
He has more than 18 years of consulting experience with us and worked in our Boston, Sydney, and Chicago offices prior to helping found the Austin office.
Peter's primary focus is in the technology and cloud services practice, where he works with corporate and private equity clients on a range of strategic issues. He specializes in several areas, including end-user and enterprise computing, professional and support services, and as-a-Service business models. He has additional experience across industries such as telecom, financial services, healthcare, and industrial products.
Within this focus on technology, Peter brings expertise in topics related to customer-driven growth, online and digital transformation, innovation and new product development, corporate and BU planning, zero-based redesign, and M&A.
Peter has also focused on supporting our firm's insights on as-a-Service business transformations and IoT platforms, including digital transformation and the emergence of profit pools that are creating disruptive opportunities for challengers and new entrants.
Outside of Bain, he is a national board member for the non-profit organization Bottom Line, focused on college access and graduation. He also sits on the National board of I Am ALS, a patient-centric organization disrupting the ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) space.
Peter earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and graduated magna cum laude from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Arts in Russian History.
- “Bain & Company opens Austin office,” Consulting.US, 2021년4월30일
- “Headed for the Hills—of Austin: Bain & Company launches an Austin office,” Press release, 2021년4월27일
- “Look at Bain & Co.'s new socially distanced Austin office, the first that the firm will open since the pandemic started, complete with 'hot desks' and sanitation stations,” Insider, 2021년4월23일
- “Beyond Proofs of Concept: Scaling the Industrial IoT ,” Brief, 2019년1월30일
- “Blue Screens Are Not An Option In The Industrial Internet Of Things,” Forbes.com, 2017년11월27일, Article