Chris Bierly is a vice president and director in the Boston office of Bain & Company and the head of Bain's work in the Education industry, focusing on US education. Since joining the firm in 1986, he has served clients in the media, consumer products, private equity, retail, and education industries. Chris has particularly extensive experience leading projects in the music and restaurant industries.
Chris has a broad background in strategy development and performance improvement, and deep experience working with private equity firms and their portfolio companies.
Chris was formerly a vice president at Bain Capital and now at Bain & Company he continues to advise corporate and private equity sponsors on a range of transactions and post-transaction business strategies. He also leads Bain’s North American associate consultant program.
Chris earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and a bachelor of science in commerce from University of Virginia.
- “Kang’s Take: Will PE Feast on Fading Euphoria With Fast-Casual Dining?,” WSJ Pro, December 2017, Private Equity
- “School districts need to be more strategic about school leadership roles,” Education Week, January 2016, Primary & Secondary Education
- “Transforming Schools: How Distributed Leadership Can Create More High-Performing Schools,” Report, January 2016
- “Bain alumni bring business savvy to sports,” The Boston Globe, April 2015
- “Building pathways: How to develop the next generation of transformational school leaders,” Brief, December 2013