Jamie Cleghorn is a partner in the Chicago office of Bain & Company. He is a member of Bain's Technology and Customer Strategy & Marketing practices. Jamie leads the Bain B2B Commercial Excellence practice in the Americas and is one of the developers of Bain's Elements of Value℠ for B2B.
He focuses his time advising clients on their biggest opportunities and challenges, primarily in the areas of growth strategy, go-to-market effectiveness and leading transformational change.
While at Bain, Jamie has worked extensively in the technology, telecom, industrial goods, healthcare and consumer products industries. His client work has spanned a variety of areas including corporate and business unit strategy, customer and go to market, performance improvement, organizational effectiveness and M&A.
Prior to joining Bain in 2005, Jamie worked in healthcare marketing.
He has an MS in Marketing from Northwestern University and a BA in History from the University of Illinois.
- “Is Your Sales Organization Ready for the Next Recession?,” Brief, February 2019
- “What Sales Teams Should Do to Prepare for the Next Recession,” HBR.org, November 2018, Article
- “Delivering What Consumers Really Value,” Brief, October 2018
- “How Advanced Analytics Is Changing B2B Selling,” HBR.org, May 2018, Article
- “The B2B Elements of Value,” Harvard Business Review, February 2018, Article