Michael Heric is a partner in Bain & Company’s New York office. Michael is a senior member of Bain’s Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) practice and leads the Corporate Support product in the Performance Improvement practice globally.
Within the Technology, Media and Telecom sectors, Michael has worked with leading providers across the technology ecosystem, particular IT hardware, software and services. Michael has led engagements in strategy, performance improvement, M&A and organization. He is also one of the leaders in the development of Bain’s point of view on cloud computing.
As leader of Bain’s Corporate Support product, Michael works with leading companies across a broad range of industries to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of support functions, such as IT, Finance, HR, Legal and Real Estate and Facilities Management. Michael brings deep expertise in demand management, business process redesign, organizational design, digital enablement and automation, shared services and outsourcing and offshoring. He leads the Bain Automation Center of Excellence.
Michael earned an MBA from Harvard Business School with high distinction as a Baker Scholar. He is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School, from which he received a Bachelor of Science in economics, concentrating in finance, and a Bachelor of Arts in international relations from the College of Arts and Sciences, both with disctinction.
Michael is currently a member of the advisory board of the Huntsman Program in International Studies and Business at the Wharton School.
- “Think Cutting G&A Costs in the Next Recession Will Be Easy? Think Again,” Brief, May 2019
- “Corporate Legal Eagles Start to Embrace Artificial Intelligence,” Brief, February 2019
- “These charts show how pumped up HR departments are about AI - even if many of them are still relying on paper documents,” Business Insider, October 2018
- “HR’s New Digital Mandate,” Brief, October 2018
- “Rethinking How Finance Uses Digital Tools,” Brief, August 2018