Velu Sinha is a partner in our Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) practices, focused on growth, innovation and R&D strategies. He is based in Shanghai. He is also the leader of our Asia-Pacific Advanced Analytics practice.
Prior to joining Bain in 2004, Velu gained more than 15 years of experience in the technology and telecommunications fields in R&D, line/management, consulting and entrepreneurial roles.
He has served in engineering, product management, marketing and executive capacities for government agencies, systems manufacturers and service providers. These efforts have included wired/wireless/optical networking equipment, systems software, industrial control/automation systems, machine learning solutions, autonomous control systems and ASIC/SoC designs.
Velu's consulting experience covers growth, innovation and R&D strategies, reengineering and merger integration across industries including technology, media, upstream oil & gas and pharmaceuticals; as well as sector scans, diligence activities and portfolio work for private equity. He has worked with clients around the globe and has experience in dealing with international intellectual property, standards and regulatory issues.
Velu earned a Bachelor of Science in physics from the University of Maryland, and serves as a Director of the Open Geospatial Consortium.
- “Creating a Winning Network Strategy in the Internet of Things,” Webinar, June 2021
- “Where Can Telcos Gain Traction with the Internet of Things?,” Brief, April 2021
- “Alan Turing as a Service: AI Transforms Tech Products,” Report, October 2020
- “Will the Pandemic Accelerate Adoption of Artificial Intelligence? ,” Article, May 2020
- “The Indian Equation for Advanced Analytics Talent,” Brief, July 2019