Prior to joining Bain in 2004, Velu gained more than 15 years of experience in the technology and telecommunications fields in R&D, line/management, consulting and entrepreneurial roles.
He has served in engineering, product management, marketing and executive capacities for government agencies, systems manufacturers and service providers. These efforts have included wired/wireless/optical networking equipment, systems software, industrial control/automation systems, machine learning solutions, autonomous control systems and ASIC/SoC designs.
Velu's consulting experience covers growth, innovation and R&D strategies, reengineering and merger integration across industries including technology, media, upstream oil & gas and pharmaceuticals; as well as sector scans, diligence activities and portfolio work for private equity. He has worked with clients around the globe and has experience in dealing with international intellectual property, standards and regulatory issues.
Velu earned a Bachelor of Science in physics from the University of Maryland, and serves as a Director of the Open Geospatial Consortium.
- “Die Talentjagd nach Advanced-Analytics-Fachkräften hat begonnen,” Brief, 22. Juli 2019
- “The Indian Equation for Advanced Analytics Talent,” Brief, 9. Juli 2019
- “Advanced Analytics Talent Will Double. It’s Still Not Enough.,” Snap Chart, 21. Mai 2019
- “A Hot Market for Advanced Analytics Talent Gets Hotter,” Snap Chart, 20. Mai 2019
- “Velu Sinha: Telcos and the Internet of Things,” Video, 11. Dezember 2018