We take an integrated view of the challenges of linking corporate finance requirements to the needs of businesses and their managers. Strategy, at its heart, is about making critical decisions around the allocation of scarce resources. It is about understanding the true sources of a company's competitive advantage and making sure the resources are available to seize opportunities.
- Corporate and portfolio strategy: Our corporate finance consultants add a robust financial and capital market lens to corporate and portfolio strategy decisions. Strategy is our heritage and we apply our experience to help our clients determine where to play and how to win, taking into consideration the core business and opportunities for repeatable success in adjacent markets. Our ability to link strategy and corporate finance expertise helps our clients identify—and make informed decisions about—M&A opportunities that align with their corporate strategy. Nearly half of Bain's strategy work involves M&A as a key part of growth planning.
- Value Acceleration: We offer a holistic approach that helps accelerate the ability to identify, prioritize, and deliver value at all levels of an organization. We combine financial discipline, decision effectiveness, and Bain's proprietary Results Delivery® approach with pragmatic tools that emphasize building new client capabilities. We select the appropriate metrics to define the value aspiration, design a strategy linked to day-to-day decisions that makes the most of scarce resources, monitor progress towards your goals, and, finally, embed a value-oriented mindset at the front line.
- Investor relationship management and equity story development: We determine the factors that most directly influence a company's value and benchmark its performance on those dimensions against industry peers. With a clear picture of market expectations as compared to key sources of value, we co-author a compelling equity story that targets the right investor mix to unlock further value and close the gaps to intrinsic valuation levels. We also develop action plans that will align value with the equity story, and we help with market communication—in the form of presentation materials, meeting preparation and other support—to ensure the story is delivered effectively.
- Transaction strategy and support: We help clients consider all transaction options, not just the obvious ones, and ensure that the result is consistent with both corporate and financial strategies. Our corporate finance expertise links corporate and portfolio strategy to mergers and acquisitions objectives. In doing so, we cover the entire transaction playbook, from identifying buyers or sellers to performing due diligence to executing transactions with merger integration, carve-out, divestiture and separation and spin-off support.
- CFO Agenda: Our Corporate Finance consultants are trusted advisors to CFOs. We maintain a dialogue with CFOs at many of our clients spanning the topics that are top of their mind, including: financial strategy, balance sheet management, finance function operating model, risk management and turnaround and crisis management.