Jim Harris is a partner based in Bain & Company's Washington, D.C. office. He leads the firm's Americas Aerospace, Defense & Government Services practice and is an active member of the Advanced Manufacturing & Services and Supply Chain practices.
Jim's A&D work has covered commercial and defense OEMs, Tier I/II suppliers, MRO providers and major airlines, as well as several government services players.
He has led engagements across strategy, M&A, organization and performance improvement. He brings deep functional expertise across the value stream, including product development, engineering, planning, procurement/supply chain and manufacturing.
Jim joined Bain in 1997. Earlier in his career, he worked in marketing for Dell.
Jim received an MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, where he graduated as a Tuck Scholar. He also earned a BA from Rice University in biochemistry, chemistry and economics.
- “The Engineering Talent Crunch: A Solution Is Closer than You Think ,” Etude, 22 mars 2022
- “Decarbonizing Commercial Aviation,” Video, 10 mars 2022
- “Reducing Carbon Emissions from Propulsion in Commercial Aviation,” Infographic, 18 août 2021
- “Jim Harris: Zero-Based Cost Reduction in Aerospace and Defense,” Video, 6 décembre 2018
- “How Government-Funded Defense Companies Can Remain Innovative,” Aviation Week, 8 décembre 2017, Article