Jim Harris is a partner based in Bain & Company's Washington, D.C. office. He co-leads the firm's Global Aerospace, Defense & Government Services practice.
Jim's A&D work has covered commercial and defense OEMs, Tier I/II suppliers, MRO providers and major airlines, as well as several government services players.
He has led engagements across strategy, M&A, organization and performance improvement. He brings deep functional expertise across the value stream, including product development, engineering, planning, procurement/supply chain and manufacturing.
Jim joined Bain in 1997. Earlier in his career, he worked in marketing for Dell.
Jim received an MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, where he graduated as a Tuck Scholar. He also earned a BA from Rice University in biochemistry, chemistry and economics.
- “Inconvenient Truths Behind Sustainable Aviation Fuel,” Aviation Week, 2022년7월1일, Article
- “The Engineering Talent Crunch: A Solution Is Closer than You Think ,” Brief, 2022년3월22일
- “Decarbonizing Commercial Aviation,” Video, 2022년3월10일
- “Reducing Carbon Emissions from Propulsion in Commercial Aviation,” Infographic, 2021년8월18일
- “Jim Harris: Zero-Based Cost Reduction in Aerospace and Defense,” Video, 2018년12월6일
In the News
- “Demand-Based Measures May Quickly Curb Aviation’s CO2 Emissions,” Aviation Week, 2022년3월30일, 항공 및 운송
- “Melrose’s bid for GKN raises questions about Britain’s defense industry,” The Economist, 2018년1월25일, 항공 및 운송
- “Uber's lofty plan: Flying taxis in L.A. ,” Los Angeles Times, 2017년11월8일, 항공 및 운송
- “We won't be flying in electric planes for at least 15 years, says industry expert,” CNBC, 2017년10월13일, 우주항공, 방산 및 정부 서비스
- “Boeing buys company that's developing flying taxis for Uber,” Chicago Tribune, 2017년10월5일, 항공 및 운송