Andrew Tymms is a partner in Bain & Company's London office. He leads Bain's Private Equity practice in London. He also leads the firm's approach to private equity portfolio company support across EMEA.
He has more than 20 years of consulting experience with Bain, advising clients throughout the UK, Europe, Australia and Africa.
Andrew's focus with private equity clients is to deliver the insights required to help determine which deals an investor is looking to invest in and identify where value is, as well as what is required to deliver it. He then supports the delivery of results and returns in portfolio companies.
Andrew holds deep expertise in all aspects of private equity and mergers and acquisitions, including commercial reviews and due diligence, full potential blueprints, post-merger integration, portfolio company value creation and profit improvement, exit planning and sell-side and PE/alternative investment fund strategy development. He has led hundreds of commercial reviews, M&A and post-acquisition projects for leading private equity investors and hedge funds.
He has significant industry experience in financial services, telecommunications, media, technology, retail and consumer and business services.
Andrew is an honors graduate of the University of Melbourne in electrical and electronic engineering.
- “Focus on Bain & Company ,” Classic Business, April 2017, Private Equity
- “Measuring a Company's Digital Competence,” Brief, August 2016
- “Private equity outlook for 2016,” Business Day TV, May 2016, Private Equity
- “Fundraising: Two speed market,” Private Equity International, April 2015
- “Lessons from Africa's pioneers,” Article, February 2012