David Lipman is a partner based in Bain & Company’s Boston office. He is co-lead of Bain’s North America PE-TMT (Private Equity for Telecommunications, Media & Technology) practice and leads the firm’s global recruiting team at MIT Sloan.
Since joining Bain in 2005, Dave has assisted clients in such areas as corporate and business unit strategy, organizational redesign, performance improvement and due diligence.
Within the private equity space, he holds particularly deep expertise in commercial and operational due diligence, add-on diligence, Results Delivery®, corporate M&A and exit planning, as well as private equity, pension, sovereign wealth, hedge, infrastructure and venture capital fund management.
His experience in the TMT space spans such topics as strategy, M&A, corporate finance, organization, strategy-led transformation, core growth and value creation planning with both public and privately held clients.
Prior to joining Bain, Dave worked in strategy consulting at a top boutique firm focused on telecommunications, private equity and energy, as well as in the finance group at a PE- and Cisco-backed telecom startup.
He holds an MBA from MIT and a bachelor’s degree from Dartmouth College.
- “How Private Equity Keeps Winning in Software,” Global Private Equity Report, March 2022, Report
- “SaaS Is Spurring the Next Cycle of Software Superperformance,” Report, September 2021
- “Toward Eliminating Pre-Consumer Emissions of Microplastics from the Textile Industry,” Report, June 2021
- “Covid-19: Implications for Technology Private Equity Investors,” Webinar, April 2020
- “Technology: Bubble or Opportunity for Private Equity Investors?,” Report, February 2020